We hold our Academy players to a high standard and expect all players to excel on and off the field, in their academics and community, including in school and in the community. Each player is encouraged and supported in all aspects of development; academic, social, psychological, and physiological.
To achieve this, the Academy provides players with:
- Frequent opportunities to participate in community events
- Participation in Timbers/Thorns "Stand Together" Program
- Top level coaching and training from our USSF licensed coaches
- Sports Psychology Sessions
- Sports Nutrition Education
- Monthly events and opportunities to engage with Thorns FC first team and coaching staff
- Social Media Training
- College advising from Thorns Academy staff
- Opportunities to view Thorns training and games…seeing as much professional soccer as possible.
- Attendance at Thorns FC home games